Saturday 9 August 2014

Face of the Day 8/06/2014



I went a little bit more full on with this face than the other day. Added a little bit of extra highlight and bronzed a little bit more. This face is also the perfect example of faking it till you make it.

As usual I started with my trusty Napoleon Perdis Auto-Pilot Primer (you may notice a trend with this, I FREAKING LOVE THIS STUFF)

Now with foundation I decided to try a new thing and mix two different foundations together. I mixed together the Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! in "I'm pure 4 sure" Ivory, which is a little bit too light (I think) and yellow for my tastes. So I mixed with probably my absolute favourite foundation of all time the Napoleon Perdis Advanced Mineral Makeup in Look 2 which is a little more neutral-pink and a wee bit darker.

The resulting finish was... well.... still a little bit dark for my pale winter neck, but more on that later. The finish and coverage was really good and didn't feel heavy on my face at all.

Next I went in and used my MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose. I love this stuff. It is great for under-eyes as the pinky tone to it helps counteract any dark circles and it is ridiculously brightening giving you that lit from within glow. I used this under my eyes, a little bit on my nose and forehead, on the cheekbones and on my chin.

I then set my under-eye with the ELF under-eye HD setting powder. Now this is a finely milled powder that sets your under-eye concealer and highlight. It also stops your under-eyes from creasing which is never a good look. This has the added bonus of being a little brightening too. It's great for those nights where you haven't had a lot of sleep. (Read me... all the time...)

I set the rest of my face as usual with my Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish Powder in G2.

Today because of the extra highlight I used I decided to use a more matte bronzer. I went with NARS Laguna which if you are pale and think all bronzers look orange on you, this is the one for you. Now this is not completely matte, it has a tiny bit of sheen to it, but not too much that it's like BANG LOOK AT MAH SHINY FACE! Just the perfect bronzing colour.

Also this is the point where I realized my face was a lot darker than my neck. So as standard when this happens I just bronzed up my neck and the resulting look seemed to match pretty well. Fake it till you make it honey, fake it till you make it.

In terms of blush I went with a sheerer, peachy blush called Tenderling from MAC. This was the first ever blush I bought and I still love it to this day. Will always repurchase!

The next step is another you will see almost every single time is setting down my powders is spritzing my face with MAC Fix+.

Last but not least, because the Benefit foundation is more of a glowy dewy finish foundation, I decided to test out the UD De-Slick Oil Control Setting Spray, which I can reply back kept the shine away for the 5 hours I decided to have make-up on.

Hope you enjoyed this face.

Until next time X's and O's

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment