Friday 8 August 2014

My Blog Inspirations

Now this post is going to be a cute wee personal post about my inspirations for my blog and why I started blog in the first place!

Now I started this blog because I was always going along with my friends to go foundation shopping to help them quickly find their perfect foundations. Now I had done this a lot and even the counter staff started commenting on how well I guess good I was at helping them choose the type of foundation to try and also the colour. This is what led to my very post on this blog about choosing your HG foundation. I decided that it would be so much better and easier to have all my thoughts in one place and if I ever forgot anything (which I have a tendency to do) I can just easily look here or direct someone to look at my blog.

Now I have four inspirations when it comes to my blog and these lovely beautiful ladies are just some of the most amazing people and I am privileged to call two of them my friends and I even "married" one of them.

These ladies are:

  • Kirsty Leigh of Makeup Obsessives
  • Morgan Ashworth of Hyacinth Girl
  • Anna from Vivannadoesmakeup
  • Lily Pebbles
Now Kirsty Leigh first came to my attention when I joined the Facebook group of Makeup Obsessives. I was a lurker for a while but slowly started posting things here and there. It came to the point where I became an admin of the group and life has been great!

Kirsty runs a blog which is also called Makeup Obsessives and she posts all the time about all things beauty! She has a wonderful writing style and runs giveaways frequently and you can also trust her reviews about everything!

You can find her blog here http://www.makeupobsessives.com/

I should also mention that I married this lady when our group came together for a meetup in Christchurch (P.S. I didn't really marry her... but she is still my wife)

Next up is another one of my dear friends Morgan Ashworth who now runs Hyacinth Girl. Originally there were two of them blogging together on Hyacinth Girl but now Morgan pretty much runs things solo around those parts.

Now from Morgan you get this amazing sassy lady who isn't afraid to say when something she doesn't like is crap. You are always in for a laugh when you read her blog. Also she is very informative and really knows what she is talking about

You can find Morgan here at http://hyacinthgirl.com/

The last two I am going to lump together because while I do not know them personally I read their blogs frequently and always enjoy doing so. This is Anna from Viviannadoesmakeup and Lily Pebbles from well... Lily Pebbles.

Now I first discovered these two beauties from their YouTube channels. The tutorials they would give were always simple and easy to follow looks that any woman (or man) could recreate at home. Their reviews were honest and always wanted to make me buy things.

Just as I tweeted about writing this blog post Anna favourited the tweet and obviously I fangirled the heck out of that. 

You can find Anna at https://www.youtube.com/user/ViviannaDoesMakeup and at http://www.viviannadoesmakeup.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment